One of our own...
Check it out! Long time LIM member Jeanette "Jan" Walker's art is being featured in the lobby of the Asheville Community Theater (ACT) during the run of Suessical. Jan is known for her artistic skill which includes pottery, pencil and watercolors.
The gallery is showing her collection entitled: Quiet Happiness: Watercolors by Jeanette Walker.
Jan and Paula live cat-free lives in West Asheville. For information about purchasing any of Jan's artwork, inquire at ACT or contact her directly: Jeanette (at) SlowArtistSociety (dot) org
Lesbians In The Mountains - LIM - Women playing just for the fun of it!
We are Lesbians In The Mountains (LIM). The women of LIM are a fun loving, friendly and diverse group of women who gather several times a month to promote camaraderie. To support these friendships, we are currently holding the following monthly events - 1st Friday Coffee and Conversation , 2nd Sunday Brunch, 3rd Thursday Dinner/Business meeting and a monthly Birthday Dinner. We also organize and hold other fun social events throughout the year and our members are more than welcome to host an event too.
To stay informed of all our events, please join our mailing list. You can do this one of two ways:
1. If you have an existing google account with a gmail address and you want to receive emails from the group to your gmail address, then you can join at http://groups.google.com/group/limasheville
2. If you just want to get on the mailing list and prefer to use some other email address than a gmail account, then send an email to email@example.com **from the email account that you want to get our notices and newsletter.** This will start a series of emails that require you to click links, add your email address (again!) and go from there.
If you don't hear from us in a timely manner:
1. Try again?
2. Be sure to check your spam box for the follow-up emails?
3. Send light and an email to LesbiansInTheMountains@gmail.com?
4. Take it as a sign that we are overwhelmed and welcome more volunteers. We'd love to see you. Come to a business meeting and get involved! :)
5. Please know that it is NOT a sign. We welcome new members! Don't give up on the new volunteers as our dust settles.